Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Newsflash: Guardians of Order still not dead

I'll spare you all the gory details and just pass on the quickie version: some moron started a thread on RPGnet saying they heard from an anonymous source at WW that Guardians of Order was going belly up and reneging on their contract with GoO. The anonymous posters on the internet with an anonymous but "credible" source appears to be flat out wrong. Who'd a thunk it?

To repeat: Reports of the demise of Guardians of Order are greatly exagerrated.

Also: Anything you've heard about a 4th edition of D&D is completely wrong.

4 comments:

  1. It's good to know that Guardians of Order is still hanging on. It sort of renews my faith in the "little-guy survivor"-ethos that was so prevalent in gaming's early days. =)

    However, I have heard MANY more reports about D&D 4.0 being a go than I have heard about it it not exisiting. In fact I beieve Ross Wynn (a.k.a. Spyke!) mentions a little something about it in his last RPGnet article, and he's not one to toss stuff around lightly.

    just some food for thought... =P

    peace... Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross Winn may have good info. But there's so much bad info out there right now that I think the wisest course is to wait until we have a press release from Wizards. Even then, I don't see much point in the idle speculation that is so rampant as of late. I'll evaluate a 4th edition when I can flip through a copy. Until then, to one degree or another it's all a bunch Some Dude On The Internet Said It So It Must Be True.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:58 AM

    How amusing. Today I posted about the D&D 4th edition rumours; and it was between that and the GoO bad info bit. Seems like you picked the other choice. I'm sure someone somewhere will think you're a proxy for doing so...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I exist only to serve my dark master, Darth Pundit.

    But seriously, I'm quite tired of all this 4th edition nonsense. I'm glad you were able to get some great mileage out of the rumor mill, but I just don't give a damn anymore. There will probably be a 4th edition at some point. Anyone who might know when it will come and what it will look like isn't telling. 'Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete