Thursday, April 14, 2005

Adventures in Beverages

Work got kind intense yesterday, so despite being swamped I positively had to get out of the bank for a little while. One customer, a Mr. S, had dropped by for a visit and spent the better part of an hour driving me freakin' nuts. On the phone he had said he was coming in for what should have been a simple transaction. In person he wanted to go over every crossed i and dotted t on his account. I had to visit no less than three other departments to put together all the information he suddenly needed. I finally got him out the door and turned to the receptionist:

"If for any reason Mr. S returns tell him he can either wait until I get back or he can leave a number I can call him back at. If anyone else comes looking for me while I'm gone just tell them I'm dead."

Moments later I was out of the bank. I swung by the corner store and bought a sammich and a vanilla frappuccino. That's one of them there Starbuck's drinks in a bottle. Now I have never been a coffee drinker. I like the aroma but can't stand the taste. Once every year or two I manage to gulp down a cupfull of liquid that's approximately a 50% cream/50% coffee. I do this at work when I am absolutely dead dog tired and my usual caffeinated beverages aren't doing the job.

But I'm a sucker for a new beverage and I like vanilla and the copy on the bottle said "A Lowfat Creamy Blend of Starbucks© Coffee and Milk." The contents of the bottle looked even more pallid than my own attempts to water down coffee (or perhaps "cream down" would be the better term), so I figure I'd give this a try. Let me attempt to portray graphically what this concoction tastes like:



COFFEE!!!!!!........Milk...........................(vanilla?)



Not exactly what I was hoping for, but it sure took my mind off of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment