Thursday, September 09, 2004

Star Wars Point Five

This is a mini-campaign idea that I've chewed on for a long time.  Until I got Savage Worlds I didn't own a system I liked for it.  (Yes, I know there two different official Star Wars rpgs.  I don't own either of them.)  The basic idea is simple: each session is another Star Wars movie in a series that runs basically parallel to the original, but with individual episodes occurring between the established ones.  I'm basically thinking a 5 session mini-campaign (Episodes 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5, and 5.5.) but you could stretch out to seven by adding a prequel to Phantom Menace and a sequel to Jedi.  The main challenge to this idea would be to develop a plotline that rivals the Darth Vader Saga without using the known main characters but while following the overall history of the Star Wars galaxy.  Maybe the solution is to run it as a series of isolated one shots, without an overall plot.  I like the idea of my gaming group being the guys who win the Clone Wars, or who hunt down and destroy the Jedi Menace, or maybe they're the Bothans who die to insure the Rebellion receives the new Death Star plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment